Friday, April 15, 2011

Girl Seeks Good News....

When I turned on the computer this morning and clicked over to the internet I was instantly bombarded with glaring headlines of all the bad things happening in the world. Celebrities gone mad, gas prices rising, somebody was killed, somebody is angry, and the list goes on and on......and on. I found myself literally searching for good news in the midst of all that chaos and I have to tell you, it wasn't easy to find. It felt almost as if the entire planet was collectively in a bad mood and had nothing worth celebrating. But I know that just can't be true! SO, since I am one of those people who actually enjoys hearing good news, I decided to share some of my own and I hope that if anybody ever actually finds this blog that maybe a few more of us will contribute something positive. My good news is that I finally launched a brand new Network that I have been dreaming about in one form or another since the early nineties; it has evolved and changed a bit in my mind over the years, but the concept has always been the same.....empower, inspire and celebrate women. I think I carried this idea around with me for so long because it is so idealistic in theory that I had this fear that if I ever really took the steps to make it a reality, and somehow it wasn't well received, I would be destroyed. That's the funny thing about dreams....I think we protect the ones that really matter because the risk of the outcome not being what we had hoped is sometimes more than we can bear. But for me, well, I got tired of worrying about something that may or may not happen, so I finally said "to heck with it," and jumped. I am happy to tell you that so far things are going exactly the way I had hoped, and really, I am only scratching the tip of the iceberg..... The network I have created is intentionally designed to be positive, inpspiring, informative, and ultimately to celebrate female business owners and to encourage women to actively support them. The most amazing thing about this endeavor up to this moment has been the women I have met. Sadly, I sometimes think that women get a back rap, and this goes back to the whole GOOD NEWS topic again. We hear so much negative buzzing around that we forget all about the really good and selfless women who are living unconditionally good lives and selflessly out there making the world a better place. Well I am proud to tell you that the ladies involved in my new network are frankly, quite extraordinary and living examples of just what this world needs more of. They are doing what they love, they are happy, and it comes through loud and clear each time I speak to them...they don't talk about money, they don't tell you if business is good or bad, they just radiate light and can't wait to tell you why they created their companies.. They are an example of what it looks like when you take ownership of your life and come what may, you make a conscious effort to be nothing but positive...reagardless of what circumstances might be like! They are a collective group of the "good news" that this world needs and I am proud to know and support each and every one of them. Each and every day, you and I have a choice. Do we perpertuate the bad news, the gossip and the negative, or do we take matters into our own hands and be the woman who stands up a little taller and uses our voice to share good news? When I told friends and family that I was going to create an entire network of women dedicated to being positive and supportive of each other, a lot of them told me I was a dreamer.....and that it would never happen. But I know in my heart....without a shadow of a doubt that at our core, each of us just wants to be happy....and I believe that if we actively pursue whatever our version of happiness is, and choose to loudly support the people who are in the midst of their own bliss instead of resenting them, then there will never be a shortage of good news. There will be suddenly be a shift in the what we notice around us, and instead of stopping to look at the 'train wreck,' and tell our friends about it, we will instead pause when we learn about someONE or someTHING fabulous and use our voices to celebrate the good news! I'm not so naive as to think that bad things don't happen, because I know first hand that not every day is filled with people handing me chocolate and fabulous shoes.....but how we choose to process the not-so-wonderful events, and what we CHOOSE to put back into the world is ultimately up to us! Though I will admit that it's not always easy, I have to tell you that I choose the good STUFF! In my experience, it is far more fun, and infinetely more exciting to have an intentionally GREAT day versus hiding under the covers waiting for the other shoe to drop. So, today and every day.....I truly hope that you will take extra time to see the good things happening around you.....to celebrate happiness and to consciously decide to have a really good day! The good news is that you absolutely deserve it! Wishing you an exceptionally fabulous day! Heather PS....you can check out my new Tell A Girlfriend Network by visiting www.tellagirlfriendnetwork.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment