Monday, February 21, 2011


When I get caught up in my usual perfectionist ways, I have learned that I tend to over-think, over-analyze, and over-complicate......over and over again. So, in an effort to get out of my own way I have made a quiet little promise to myself to try and be more aware of old habits that show up when I am trying to get from point A to point B..... I think sometimes I make things harder than they have to be just so I don't have to finish anything. But last week instead of sitting for hours and thinking about what I wanted to do, I stopped and I just did it! At first it felt a bit unnatural and messy, but the more I forced myself to just stay present and go with it, the more comfortable I got. Miraculously I got things done.....let my imagination go without worrying about what other people would think and just let 'it' happen! The result is loads of new drawings, a bottomless (for now) well of creativity, and a whole new direction for myself! Who would have thought that a simple decision to keep things simple would hold such magical powers?
Get out of your own way and keep it simple today sweetheart!
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment